LaCie Bigger Disk

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I was curious if anyone here has purchased the Lacie Bigger Disk ? Pretty amazing! 1 TB of hard drive space...I might get this in replacement of what I have now for my MP3 juke box

Seems like the drives get bigger and bigger and the price just keeps coming down but with a drive this size spinning at 7200 RPM can I expect it to last?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    The 'Bigger Disk' actually has 4 250GB drives inside, and the 'Big Disk' has 2. You can't really tell from the photos, but the cases are enormous.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I'll get excited when they great a Bigger Disk with 4 Hitachi 400GB drives.

Mmmmmmmmm a Terabyte and a half!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

The 'Bigger Disk' actually has 4 250GB drives inside, and the 'Big Disk' has 2. You can't really tell from the photos, but the cases are enormous.

That makes sense. How loud is this monster?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    The are pretty much silent, whcih can be bad if they are running in warm environments.

Im currently trying to get a 500gb model to be recognised by this G5 to no avail. I suspected that one of the drives in the RAID died but both spin up and both are recongnised and usable when installed in anther computer. Unfortunately there are registering at 1/2 capacity though. There is currently an operational 400gb one though and it's still working fine, but it's only a week old.