Those sneaky sneaky bastiches...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So the new Incredibles trailer is up. (Pixar's next film.)

In QuickTime, naturally.

But check the required software tag...

'iTunes 4.5 required'

Not QuickTime. iTunes.

Heh.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Someone remind me when this movie actually in theaters that I want to watch it.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Whoa! Doesn't that just open up a can of worms. Are we are now just a jump away from buying movies from apple? hehehe

EDIT: Removed some rabid speculation that could derail this entire thread. Don't want to offend the really fast typing mod.

(But it was good )
  • Reply 3 of 11
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Blast it, stop that!

Nice way of ensuring QuickTime on the machine *AND* iTunes, while using the brand recognition of iTunes to convince people to install.

"QuickTime? Oh god no, I hear that really slows up your PC. Oh, *iTunes*? Man, I hear that rocks! You bet!"
  • Reply 4 of 11
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Am I the only one that sees this and thinks that iTunes adoption on the PC has fallen off a bit?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Odd, I see it as the opposite, like I said above.

QuickTime has a bad rep on the PC. iTunes doesn't.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Ahem. Only the 'Incredisize' needs iTunes to play. The others will play fine with QuickTime, and are also designed to be played that way. The 'Incredisize' link leads to the iTMS while the others don't.

Duh.

• Reply 7 of 11
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

you can extract all of them except the "Incredisize" version, but that doesn't matter. It's actually just the large version pixel doubled and presented with a border to fill the rest of the screen.

No it isn't. it's 640x272, whereas the large is 480x208.

Force-download the link below for the Incredisized version.

mov
  • Reply 8 of 11
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    This is actually kind of nice. You needed QT Pro to see full screen version before. Now you can do it with iTunes.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

My mistake. I knew it was scaled, though. How does one find the link for the full-screen trailers?

Don't know the method myself. I got the link from another site.