Entering high school :-P...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 43
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Or you could just save the money and pick up a nice sportbike when you're 16. I bet mom will love that.
  • Reply 22 of 43
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    y2k + model gsxr750s go ok I am told

p.s. PS5533 d00d, dont waste you money on booze or drugs use that money for something you really want..
  • Reply 23 of 43
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Voyer

When I was in HS, I had a notebook. ... It was manufactured by Mead. The pen was by Bic. ...

You got the name brand notebook....lucky dog...
  • Reply 24 of 43
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    ^Word.....I think I had the CVS brand

Kids these days....be happy you have such a nice computer at that age.
  • Reply 25 of 43
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

The eMac is an excellent machine, and you can stuff it with RAM and a superdrive. Imagine the projects you could do with a superdrive!

yah I'm very seriously thinking about that now... maybe i'll get that

any other suggestions?

PS
  • Reply 26 of 43
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

any other suggestions?

PS

Get a G5 like your oh-so-cool friend Noah.
  • Reply 27 of 43
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    I survived high school with a Quadra 605. And this was after the G3s were released. A Ti550 is seriously way more than enough to get you through high school. There are so many other things to do with money from a job in high school than buy a computer.
  • Reply 28 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Get a G5 like your oh-so-cool friend Noah.

well i have thought about the G5 but i don't know any cool kids names noah...hmmm

PS
  • Reply 29 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

I survived high school with a Quadra 605. And this was after the G3s were released. A Ti550 is seriously way more than enough to get you through high school. There are so many other things to do with money from a job in high school than buy a computer.

yes this is true i bet i could even go through H.S. with a horribly old PC but i have hobbies that i wish to do like do some web design and video editing...

i have an agenda..

PS
  • Reply 30 of 43
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    I say get the iBook. Offers a nice bunch of hardware for a good price.

While you won't need it to get through HS, you'll want to do stuff with the computer, which often requires computing power. Editing video on old hardware isn't funny. And you'd maybe find something new to do on it as well. 3D, more heavy graphics editing? Then it sucks to be on old hardware.

My stepbrother is currently sitting on his old 'n crusty iMac 500. While it was an OK machine in its day, he's now stopped using it because it's so slow, and it's a pain to do anything on it, but especially 3D modeling.

Even if you do "fine" with your current PowerBook, you'll always find ways to waste or use computing power. New computers are more fun than old computers, and at your age, you need to have fun. And who says that you can't have a girlfriend even though you spent some cash on an expensive computer? I just don't see the logic there. Is it that way it works in the states?

Btw. side question: At what age do one enter HS in the states?
  • Reply 31 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zapchud

I say get the iBook. Offers a nice bunch of hardware for a good price.

While you won't need it to get through HS, you'll want to do stuff with the computer, which often requires computing power. Editing video on old hardware isn't funny. And you'd maybe find something new to do on it as well. 3D, more heavy graphics editing? Then it sucks to be on old hardware.

My stepbrother is currently sitting on his old 'n crusty iMac 500. While it was an OK machine in its day, he's now stopped using it because it's so slow, and it's a pain to do anything on it, but especially 3D modeling.

Even if you do "fine" with your current PowerBook, you'll always find ways to waste or use computing power. New computers are more fun than old computers, and at your age, you need to have fun. And who says that you can't have a girlfriend even though you spent some cash on an expensive computer? I just don't see the logic there. Is it that way it works in the states?

Btw. side question: At what age do one enter HS in the states?

14 turning 15 at some point during the school year(in my case its January)

yah I'm starting to think that the ibook might be good..my main reason for wanting the PB is because i love the wide-screens

i found out that i can get 700 USD for the TiBook give or take 50 bucks so thats 700 more thAT i will have if i choose to purhase a new monster

PS
  • Reply 32 of 43
    I'm around your age. Just for interest, can I see what sites you've designed?
  • Reply 33 of 43
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SwitchingSoon

I'm around your age. Just for interest, can I see what sites you've designed?

Me, or PS5533?

(I designed http://www.solidaccess.com/ , I'm still a pretty basic designer...I'm currently learning how to code from scratch, design forms, etc.)

EDIT: Forgot about this one...I thought it had been taken down:

http://www.sheilamullins.com/

I'm working on a third, and this time 'round, I'll won't be using tables or deprecated tags.

Still learning though...all my sites were designed for people I knew, they asked me whether I could design a site for them.
  • Reply 34 of 43
    Lol. Of course it was P555 i was talking to. A)I wouldn't be responding to your one comment in the whole thing when it says "get a g5 like your oh so cool friend Noah". B) I don't know your age. Anyways..... He seems not to be responding to my question

I'm a pretty basic designer too. So far, I've designed two sites as well. http://lakesidefbla.org and http://progressivearkansas.com/mavlend.htm Taking a few web design courses over the summer though

EDIT-Hmmm....you're Noah, aren't you?
  • Reply 35 of 43
    Yes, Noah I am.

On AI, a lot of people know that I'm 14 due to a certain photo I posted. ("Is that your son!?" "No, that's me")

PS5533 both go to the same stupid public Montessori school...
  • Reply 36 of 43
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

So far, I've designed two sites as well. http://lakesidefbla.org and http://progressivearkansas.com/mavlend.htm

yeah, me and my web class did this FBLA site: PODFBLA
  • Reply 37 of 43
    Quote:

Lol. Of course it was P555 i was talking to. A)I wouldn't be responding to your one comment in the whole thing when it says "get a g5 like your oh so cool friend Noah". B) I don't know your age. Anyways..... He seems not to be responding to my question

I'm a pretty basic designer too. So far, I've designed two sites as well. http://lakesidefbla.org and http://progressivearkansas.com/mavlend.htm Taking a few web design courses over the summer though

EDIT-Hmmm....you're Noah, aren't you?

i haven't really published anything but i would like to at some time in the near future.
  • Reply 38 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

yeah, me and my web class did this FBLA site: PODFBLA

Fbla is gay. We should have won state but our ditzy ass teacher forgot to send in all the forms. I swear to god, she is the ditziest person in the world.

At the beginning of FBLA we had like 30 members. Then on average there were only around 7 that attended. The only reason i went is cuz of the competitions. Our president didn't even come to meetings.

I have an emotional scar.
  • Reply 39 of 43
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by billybobsky

yeah i figured you didn't have a good reason... [/QUOTE

• Reply 40 of 43
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    highschool: keep your current computer.

spend the money on:

-a nice wordprocessor

- a subscription to encyclopedia britannica

-a really comfortable chair