Repairing permissions dosn't work?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I try to repair my permissions all it does is this:

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Just guessing but have you deleted your receipts folder at any time?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    nanonano Posts: 179member
    Yes

Only because an issue of "machome" says in the march 2004 spring cleaning section "one folder you can emty: Macintosh HD>Library>Receipts" I did it to clear some disk space
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Wait do you mean delete the acutual folder or whats inside it. I deleted all the pakages inside it.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nano

Yes

Only because an issue of "machome" says in the march 2004 spring cleaning section "one folder you can emty: Macintosh HD>Library>Receipts" I did it to clear some disk space

Yep, the magazine fukked up real good on this one. Lots of people have this problem, and are not too happy about it. Make sure to write Mac Home a real nice thank-you letter.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I found out the problem: the package BaseSystem.pkg must be in the reciepts folder or the permissions repair won't work. I was able to copy the file right off the mac os 10.3 cd 1.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    This is a start, but in order to repair permissions on all your applications it needs the receipt package to compare it to.

Do you have a backup pre-clean that you can use?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    ahh screw it. . . I went a year with 10.1.5 without repairing permissions ill just wait for "Tiger whenn i'll do a clean install, after I get a new firewire HD.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nano

I found out the problem: the package BaseSystem.pkg must be in the reciepts folder or the permissions repair won't work. I was able to copy the file right off the mac os 10.3 cd 1.

Anyway, same "thing" happend to me therefore the solution was booting up from original Xcd, repairing permissions from there and though...