.Mac updated

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just checked my mail and noticed a few visual updates to .Mac mail, nothing spectactular just making it more Panther-y.

Seems like there's a couple of functionality upadates too, but for things like homepage and iCards that I don't use much.

Anyone notice anything else changed?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    See http://www.mac.com/1/memberbenefits_nm.html

Looks underwhelming to me.

How about greter iDisk or email storage capacity for the same price. Or better integration of existing .Mac apps. And there are a raft of proposed functional upgrades to .Mac that they could implement.

Does anyone really use iCards?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I suspect the iCard intergration is to get more people using them again. They really seem persistent about having them around.

Some features I think were highly requested, like the ability to add external HTML pages and have them all listed at the top of the page, and the improved download pages.

The fact that I can edit my Homepages form work is kinda nice too.

Nothing revolutionary about it, but some nice perks anyway. Apple hasn't updated .Mac in a while, so this along with the new offers are welcome at least.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Two changes I've noticed:

* The crazy Japanese spam I get (which for some reason is the only spam I get) now shows up as actual Japanese characters instead of strings of ?????????????? marks.

* There appears to be no way to check how much storage space you have left. There used to be a little meter in Preferences.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    You can still check storage with the iDisk utility, and I recall that your account settings contain the storage limit as well, but I haven't checked lately.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    There's also a 'spinner' animation when downloading attachments.