MenuBar

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have a multipart question.

I would like to be able to display certain things in my menubar up at the top of my screen. 1st are there programs out there that would display certain things (iChat buddies, itunes song, etc.)

Also is there a way to program so that i can put stuff up in my menubar. Ive seen programs that add certain things to the right menubar, next to the sound meter thingy. One example is konfabulator.

What kind of program would u need?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    There are lots of Menu extras that can do the stuff you talk about. Here's a quick search for "menu extra" at Versiontracker.com:

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/se...acosx&x=13&y=8

I'm sure there are others here who know about specific items like this, and hopefully they can point you to them directly.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    You'll also find all of your Apple Menu Extras in System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras, if you don't want to be bothered hunting them down in various System Preferences and assorted applications. Double-clicking any of these will start them up.

You can, of course, also command-drag true menu extras around to re-arrange, or off the menu bar to remove.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    For iChat go to iChats preferences and select Show Status in Menu Bar in the general section.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    rara Posts: 623member