monthly exercise update thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
how's everyone's exercise program going? i find a little prodding or at least acknowledgement of efforts every now and again to be quite helpful.

let's see, bunge is working towards a half-marathon and BR has been shedding some pounds. still keeping up with it? shetline, i think you were up to a new workout program, too.

mine is going well, though i am down to about 3 days a week. i need to pick up and do more days. i ran 10k (6.2 miles) tonight, which was the farthest i have ever gone. it took me 60 minutes, but i did run hills for the first two and a half miles (2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 3% half mile each) and then did half a mile at a 7:10 pace, which is really fast for me. i then just kept going and did the last 3.2 miles around 6-6.5 mph (9:15-10:00 pace) at a 0.5% grade.

i ate all garbage today (2 mountain dews, 3 musketeers, footlong coney with cheese) and that did not help at all. there seems to be a direct relationship between exercise and eating garbage, which is probably why i am not losing weight (i am happy at 180lbs 6'2" though)

but yeah, the program is going good. today's run was far more than usual, i generally do about 3.5-4 miles and then shoot some hoops and call it quits. i hate lifting weights, so i have been doing inclines to gain leg muscle.

oh, and it may be clear by now, but i do all of my running on a treadmill. i like having total control of my pace and the incline. if i am not doing hill training, i run at a 1% incline anyways to make up for the slight advantage of treadmill running.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Man had my iPod mini with me today at 24 hour Fitness and had a great workout!

Seeing change every day!

Keep it up you all!

Fellows
  • Reply 2 of 5
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Lifted weights for the first time in a month today after I hurt my shoulder. It's all good now. I sat on the shelf probably a week longer than I needed to but I wanted to play it safe. I'm nearing that big 2-bill mark. 204 today. It will be cool getting under it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I've been working out at night since I got home. I plan to start running soon.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Up until 5 days ago I was right on track, but I'm out of town on work right now. I haven't had time to run with the jet lag and work. But, I'm up through week 4 of the training and I've been doing fine.

I should be moving past the 16 mile a week running when I get home. I've done plenty of 4 mile runs and two 6 mile runs. It's getting hotter and more humid so I have to be a little more careful about increasing the distance during the evening or mid-day on weekends.

PS I did actually bring my running shoes and shorts on the business trip so I'm still motivated. But walking around and sight seeing is good too.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I started the Body for Life program two weeks ago. I'm down from 220 to 211. I only have 10 more weeks to go to complete my challenge. My goal is to be at 200 pounds with a lot more muscle mass. My ultimate goal is 180-185 lbs depending upon how much weight I pick up from lifting along the way. If I'm at a lower than average or trim body fat percentage at 185, I'll be happy there. If not, it will likely be 180.

Nick