end to the nightmare...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
so i decided not to pay $1023 to fix my computer, because theo nly thing broken was the battery... and i figured that i would just use it as a very expensive desktop for the rest of my life (tear) ... but i got it back today & everything works.

holy... mother... it works. that's all i have to say ... i am very very happy. i can't express how happy i am... ugh. Being able to forget who did this to my computer... everything .. it's just ... yeah. thought you'd all like to know.

The End

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    uhh... Is there some story behind this you would care to 'splain? I'm kinda confuzzled by what you just said there...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    He doesn't like bringing up his old threads, apparently.

May 6: nightmare come true

May 14: Save me, Steve!

• Reply 3 of 8
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    perhaps one of the lessons you've learned is prevention

and/or not to leave your expensive toys around roommates
  • Reply 4 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Just spring for a new battery, 99$ and you are mobile again.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Get another battery. And a lockable steel case.

Nice to hear a happy ending.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    glad to hear it works. if all it needed was a new battery, why was apple saying $1023? am i missing something?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    yeah, all it needs is a new battery. won't be an expensive desktop, i don't think. you'll be mobile after a battery, and it'll be good as new.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Nice. Just went back and read the other threads. Looks like it simply dried out more at least. Glad to hear it is working now. I just hope some unforseen problem does not all of a sudden pop up.