G5 Died

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My G5 dies yesterday. It won't boot and when I plug it in there is a red led inside the case that keep flashing. When I press the start switch, the small white led flashes but nothing happens. Is it possible that my power supply blew or is there a secret reset button on the motherboard that I should know about? I could reslly use some input because i don't want to send it back.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    take it to an apple store.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    You might try taking out extra PCI cards, hard drives and ram and try booting with the bare minimum.

Or take it to an Apple store like Giaguara said.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    beigeuserbeigeuser Posts: 371member
    Try what Ebby said. If that doesn't work, try to boot from another disk like your system CD or something. Maybe your Hard drive is corrupt. Is the fan spinning because maybe the computer is fine but the display is dead? Just for the heck of it try resetting PRAM. Forgot the keystrokes but it was P-R and two other keys like shift, control, option, or command when starting up the computer.

Otherwise, I hope that there is a Apple Store nearby. If not, take it to a Apple authorized retailer, they may send it to Apple for you and save you the hassle.