Blurry Exposé

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Does anyone else notice that when you have a window open and you use exposé the window gets blurry? An example HERE Do you think apple will fix this because I find it a bit annoying?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nano

Does anyone else notice that when you have a window open and you use exposé the window gets blurry? An example HERE Do you think apple will fix this because I find it a bit annoying?

Expose uses lower-quality textures to speed things up. Besides, Expose is only supposed to be used for a few seconds until you find the window you're looking for. If you have tons of windows open in Expose, blurry = faster + smoother.

Although Apple could implement a switch that told Quartz to render windows in Expose with better textures if there are only one or two windows present...

I dunno. Maybe it is a bug!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Well it's questionable if Expose should resize at all when there's only one window in the first place, but the fact that it gets slightly blurry is normal to how Quartz resizes objects - you can see this in the Dock (option-click the resizer and find one of the locked positions, and you'll see the icons are a little sharper, because they're now in a proper fraction size of their original one), the Universal Access zoom feature, etc. Whereas most resizing algorithms will give you odd-looking results, Quartz's PDF algorithm will look a lot more refined, but it will sacrifice sharpness for processing time.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Why would you use exposé for anything when you only have one window open anyways?