Known Issues --

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Some icons have been lost when we updated the board software (it was unexpected, forgive us).

In any event, until we replace the icons, pardon our appearance on the PM pages.

Also, the icons which show which topics you have posted in have been temporarily disabled, as they are also missing. This functionality will resume soon.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    hey jon, how about some temporary icons for threads we have posted in?... I use this feature constantly... \
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Have you considered updating to vBulletin 3? vBulletin 3 surely has some new features that would be of interest to you. By the way, the MacRumors forums use vBulletin 3.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    but something tells me that Kasper isn't willing to sink any more $ into this board unless it will increase his advertising revenue...

will vB 3 do that?
  • Reply 4 of 12
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    I've spent a good amount of time this weekend fixing up the forums, the missing icons, etc. Please let me know which icons/graphics are still missing and any that may have been replaced incorrectly. We will also soon be dissolving the News Comments reports into their respective forums.

Please let me know which other features you guys are looking for. Also, do you really want to have the boards updated to version 3.0? There are negatives and positives to this, so what do you guys think? If we do move to 3.0, we have to recreate all the styles, as well.

Best,

Kasper
  • Reply 5 of 12
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    The Favicon is still missing... right now it's an ugly vB default.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

I'm getting a gray box with a black outline and the letters "ai" inside it in a sans-serif font as the favicon. I'm using Safari 1.2.3 (v125.9) on Mac OS X 10.3.5.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

You mean the square root symbol in a gradient box? No it isn't.

Safari has problem, in my experience, with favicons. Reset Safari, and delete all bookmarks that link to AI, and then go to AI again. The browser will look for the new favicon, instead of relying on the old favicon in the cache.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    I found what i think is a bug.

When sending a private message, I was immediately routed to the missing password form. it looks like the private message worked, and indeed i was logged in successfully. anyways, thought i would mention it.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kasper

I've spent a good amount of time this weekend fixing up the forums, the missing icons, etc. Please let me know which icons/graphics are still missing and any that may have been replaced incorrectly. We will also soon be dissolving the News Comments reports into their respective forums.

Please let me know which other features you guys are looking for. Also, do you really want to have the boards updated to version 3.0? There are negatives and positives to this, so what do you guys think? If we do move to 3.0, we have to recreate all the styles, as well.

Best,

Kasper

Any reason that I keep getting my number of posts subtracted? I have reached 300 posts 2 times and each time I have been brought back to just over 200. I guess the only thing that bothers me is the lack of satisfaction I get when glance over and see that I'm still just a "member". C'mon I dont get to post every day but dont take away my number of posts it kinda hurts. Any help one this? Anyone?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

Any reason that I keep getting my number of posts subtracted? I have reached 300 posts 2 times and each time I have been brought back to just over 200. I guess the only thing that bothers me is the lack of satisfaction I get when glance over and see that I'm still just a "member". C'mon I dont get to post every day but dont take away my number of posts it kinda hurts. Any help one this? Anyone?

Senior member status is granted automatically when you reach 500 posts.

The lost posts are related to database maintenance and affect everyone. I have lost hundreds of posts since the beginning of AI.

Sorry for the inconvenients.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

The lost posts are related to database maintenance and affect everyone.

I noticed it too. I even started to suspect that I'm so negative that every time I post anything my_post_count--.

Quote:

I have lost hundreds of posts since the beginning of AI.

Wow! Do you mean those posts disappear completely or just the stupid SQL fails to count them?
  • Reply 12 of 12
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

Wow! Do you mean those posts disappear completely or just the stupid SQL fails to count them?

I think it's both : when a post is deleted, the number count do not decrease immediatly, it occurs later during some maintenance procedure.

It's also possible that SQL is bugged, but I am not sure of this point.