Perpetual Bush and/or Iraq threads in AO

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
We currently have 5 threads dealing with the Iraq situation directly, and 2 really silly threads dealing with George Bush on the first page of AppleOutsider. The Iraq threads initially seem well differentiated, which is what I generally prefer to see, except of course the debate always returns to the same initial points of contention which defeats the purpose of having them be separate. In AO, and there's a steady pace of these things coming, the same players speak up, and at the end of the day, they say the same things but quote new sources and give new links to support the same arguments. The threads that member start about these subjects are pretty much all the same with regard to pretense if, however, the events change.

I'm starting to think we should dump all of this stuff into perpetual threads on the broader topics. At least I'm wiling to entertain the idea. Who would like to see dedicated threads on these two topics, or maybe others you might suggest here?

I should warn people, if I see too many silly threads that people can't at least be light-hearted about like the two Bush threads that are active right now, I will consider them spam and flamebait and as such starting locking. This is only if people really abuse their thread creating privileges and only if people are going to fight like cats and dogs in these threads.

In the meantime, please vote, add come comments below, and try to relax a bit in AO, eh?