Internet went out yesterday

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Did anyone notice some sites but not other stopped working yesterday? For example, Apple, AI, VersionTracker, and Slashdot didn't work. But Microsoft did! It's a conspiracy! Google worked but lots of other big sites didn't. Something about Akamai having problems on slashdot. I thought the Internet was designed precisely to avoid this exact problem. I mean what if the Army or a hospital needed a certain site. This here is also interesting: http://a1.g.akamaitech.net/6/6/6/6/w...xy/akamai.html And guess who runs the Department of Homeland security servers?...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i noticed only digiland being slow, but i thought it was because of their terrible, unloadable banners. which are 5x as bad as here, macnn, macrumors and versiontracker together.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Yeah! You bet I noticed it. I was in the process of finally getting around to updating to 10.3.3. At one point I thought I might actually die before the job was done. All sorts of weird stuff with Apple's servers.

Thanks for confirming that it was happening out there somewhere and not originating from my crappy connection.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    yeah, that was crazy, i was like, shit! i was getting some stuff from apple, and it pissed me off so much!