Windows iPod may be a bad thing for Apple

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Isn't it true that when the iPod battery dies, your iPod is as good as a paper weight? Like when your cell phone battery dies and becomes unrechargeable, you can easily replace it, but with the iPod you can't replace the battery. Well if this is true, many windows users are going to be very pissed when their 400 dollar mp3 player becomes unrechargeable and they can't replace it with a new battery. Then Windows users will think that everything apple makes is just as bad as the iPod's design. What do you think? (This is the only reason I am not buying an iPod, bc I know in the future the battery will die and be irreplacable)

Edit : Hope I clarified this point.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Excuse me, but, what? Full sentences and coherent thoughts please.

I understand now, I'm sure a 3rd party will offer a battery replacement program.

[ 07-21-2002: Message edited by: serrano ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 8
    if they are pissed it is their own fault for not charging it, the ipod has a battry indicator so its just like any other mp3 player
  • Reply 3 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    no, he means that in a few years the iPod battery will no longer hold a charge and need to be replaced, but since you can't swap out the battery, people will have a $300-500 paper weight.

my guess?

when this starts to happen 2 dozen online stores/shops will pop up that replace it for you for a nominal fee and the problem is solved. they'll be out of warrenty by then anyway, so who cares if you take it apart?

-alcimedes
  • Reply 4 of 8
    macasaurusmacasaurus Posts: 243member
    yeah that's what i mean. Good moderator. Thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    please no ass kissing. that's all i ask

• Reply 6 of 8
    nebrienebrie Posts: 483member
    Yes, it will be one heck of a paperweight! By the time that happens, the iPod should be so outdated that it would be just as attractive as those then-nifty 32mb Rios.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    I'm pretty sure that the Lithium Polymer batteries in the iPod will outlive you... Lithium Ion batteries, on the other hand, found in cell phones and laptops, do die upsettingly quickly...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    There will be no Windows in three years.