ISO:D70 ->iPhoto

jbljbl
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just got a Nikon D70. For some reason when I import pictures into iPhoto, the ISO information isn't transfered. Is there some way to get this information to transfer? Is there some menu option I need to change? I haven't tried shooting in RAW yet; if I do will the information get pulled into PictureProject and then exported to iPhoto? It isn't that big a deal but I like to have this sort of information and I don't understand why it isn't imported. ISO gets imported from my old Sony F707.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It's not just iPhoto. I never see ISO info in images from Nikon D-SLRs except in the supplied software.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

It's not just iPhoto. I never see ISO info in images from Nikon D-SLRs except in the supplied software.

Thanks. I guess I won't work to hard on trying to get it then \
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I find that importing via PhotoshopCS does in fact import the EXIF data.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChevalierMalFet

I find that importing via PhotoshopCS does in fact import the EXIF data.

That does seem to work. More interesting, if I import .NEF files into iPhoto, and then double click on them to open them in Photoshop, Photoshop sees all the EXIF information including ISO.

What I would really like to do is shoot RAW (.NEF) files, import them into iPhoto, open them in Photoshop, and then save them back into iPhoto. This comes close to working but there are a few catches. First when you import .NEF files iPhoto only shows you a 150x100 pixel preview. Is there some way of increasing the size of this preview? Second, you can't save from Photoshop to .NEF so when you save from Photoshop you have to reimport the image into iPhoto. If you save the image in psd format, iPhoto can no longer see the EXIF info (although it is still there if you open it in Photoshop). If you save as TIFF you lose layers and such from Photoshop. Any comments or ideas for how to use iPhoto to organize photos shot in RAW?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Yeah;

Use iView MediaPro. That's what I've done. Full size NEF previews if you like, EXIF coming out of your ears, etc. That 150x100 preview is saved by the camera AFAIK; no real hope there unless you want to shoot RAW + JPEG.