Forthcoming hardware release - are you buying?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
28 June looks promising, given the special G5 pricing currently offered by Apple and the usual excitement and speculation surrounding the WWDC. Are you buying?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    zapchudzapchud Posts: 844member
    Damn right I am.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    estebanesteban Posts: 85member
    Yes I'm buying if the right stuff is announced. Either Powermac G5 or maybe a pro-sumer surprise model? My Mac is so old and slow that it takes at least 5x the time to get my work done. I've heard all of the advice... wait if you don't need it right now, if you need it now buy it now, etc. Why haven't I thrown down the cash to upgrade yet, If I need a new Mac so badly? Because I recieved the 8600/300 that I'm typing this on from Apple the day before the G3 was announced, for less than I paid (about $3499)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    resres Posts: 711member
    I don't know if I'm buying until I see what they come out with. If they come out with something insanely great in the $2000.00 price range I'll probably buy it. If they just give us a small speed bump then I'll won't get anything.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    commoduscommodus Posts: 270member
    I'll probably try to get a mid-range model, but if there's a dramatic performance gap or the high-end price is cut, I may decide to splurge. Either way I'd be upgrading the video card... unless the X800 Pro came standard.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    no, i'm waiting for the 15" powerbook G5.