Dealing w/ Apple - DOA P-Book

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I was hoping someone out there might have some suggestions as to how best to deal with a damaged hardware issue I'm having with my first apple product. Here's my tale:

I bought a 15"inch P-Book from an authorized dealer (my first mistake!) in mid-april. Upon opening the computer for the first time I found to my dismay that the keyboard was damaged and keys were broken. Not a good sign, but incredibly serious either. Took it back the next day for servicing and eventually got the book back with a new keyboard. After finally getting to play around with my new toy I alarmingly frequent crashes (screen begins to turn white, freezes, computer won't wake from sleep mode without restarting). I had not installed any serious 3rd-party software and so I eventually found the hardware-diagnosis software on the OS-X cd. After a quick-scan it told me the memory chip was damaged. Arghh! Also after comparing the 'puter to the same model a relative purchased a while back I noticed a discrepency in the frame and the way it sits.

Welp, by this point I have yet to receive any joy from my $3500 new laptop and have wasted an incredible amount of time an energy. The dealer I bought it from continues to order different replacement parts but isn't quite sure whats causing some of the problems. After talking to an apple customer service rep I was told they had marked the computer DOA on their side and were ready to replace it, until they realized I didn't buy directly from apple, and so they refuse to help and point me to the dealer, who points me right back to apple!

The tech-support guys at apple keep telling me about RMA #s which they think I deserve but customer service doesn't really care, they say they'll keep replacing parts, but I'm stuck with the dud computer.

Anyone happen to have suggestions or previous experience in making this sort of problem go away?

- unhappee-makkey