Lian Li's G5 inspired case

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm going to be upgrading the Anti-Mac over the next few months so I've been keeping an eye out for a decent case. I couldn't help but give a little laugh when I ran across this one.

Heh... in many ways - this is the case I'd like to see Apple make. Plenty of expandability, accessible drive bays, slick internal layout. It's similar to the G5 there too where it divides the case into discreet zones which are cooled independantly.

For those of you who don't know, Lian Li makes a number of really slick, high quality cases. Very clean designs for the most part... cases a Mac User could love.

What do you think - yay or nay?

Cheers,

C.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Nice attempt, but it's still a bit clunky looking.

The G5 has so much more attention to detail.

Lian Li definitely make quality cases.

I built a new gaming rig a few months ago, was looking for a Lian Li case, but ended up getting a Cooler Master.

I like it a lot:

This machine and my 12"PB will tide me over until I can get a dual 3Ghz G5 and a Cinema Display (Please hurry Steve. I have the money and am ready to spend it).
  • Reply 2 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Build a SFF computer

http://www.antec-inc.com/
  • Reply 3 of 6
    concordconcord Posts: 312member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake:

Nice attempt, but it's still a bit clunky looking.

The G5 has so much more attention to detail.

Really... where do you see Apple's case really outshining the Lian Li's?

The CoolerMaster is very nice btw...

Right now I'm having a closer look at Silverstone, Lian Li or Lian Li... Though if I was ever in the market for a desktop unit, I definitely give these guys a look.

C.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    The G5 looks better because its perforated aluminum is in one contiguous piece. It's understated but still elegant.

Plus it allows Apple to change the fascia when they need to easily.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    concordconcord Posts: 312member
    Quote:

The G5 looks better because its perforated aluminum is in one contiguous piece. It's understated but still elegant.

So is the Lian Li as far as I can tell...

C.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I've seen worse. Like the horrible POS Dell under my desk with the USB plugs installed upside down and pointing at the floor.