Election 2004 predictions

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I believe Bush will win and Republicans will retain the Congress--a huge Republican landslide.

Why?

- I expect an October Suprise

- I fully expect the Republicans to exploit electronic voting

- I fully expect thousands of people in minority districts to be disfranchised

- John Kerry and the Democrats stupid strategy on continuing to pander to the right and taking positions with almost no difference from the Republicans will prove disasterous.

Here's how I voted:

*I want Nader to win

*Bush will win

*Republicans will retain control of both the House and Senate

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    75% of the coming election is being conducted by electronic voting machines. I expect the most chaotic, inaccurate and bitter election in US history.

Bush will probably "win", as per last time. Another false flag "terrorist" attack in September (or October) would seal it for a second term.

I would love for Nader to pull off the virtually impossible.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    I doubt it.

Dissention is huge. Bush is not the leader he makes himself out to be and the people sense it - and it's growing.

October suprise (Bin Laden) or not, he's just like his daddy.

One term, nothing more.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    It'll be Bush.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Looking at these poll results, perhaps Nader should have run in the Democratic primary.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    common mancommon man Posts: 522member
    GWB will win and it will not be close.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

I doubt it.

Dissention is huge. Bush is not the leader he makes himself out to be and the people sense it - and it's growing.

Nah, those that are going to vote for bush made up their minds a long time ago, and I suspect at this point they are just being stubborn about it and/or doing it out of spite. \
  • Reply 7 of 8
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Looking at these poll results, perhaps Nader should have run in the Democratic primary.

Not when you post non-mutually exclusive choices. I, for one, chose both Kerry and Nader for "wanting to win"-- although I can only vote in the general election for one person. That's gonna be Kerry. I don't know if he'll win or not. By historical standards, he's in good shape though.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Not when you post non-mutually exclusive choices.

That's the price one has to pay when the maximum number of questions one is allowed to ask is unity.