Fallout in November

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Judging by these boards, the current political divide has polarized the US populous. Come November, I imagine things could get pretty nasty on the streets, if...

Imagine that because 75% of you are using electronic voting, there is another cock-up as there was during the last election, and the vote is split 50/50, but the chads didn't go through, the e-voting machines fail, etc, and the decision hangs in the balance. What do you think will happen, if Bush gets re-elected again, but it is determined that he didn't get the majority vote, etc, or that a judge has to decide the vote of a few states?

Could there be rioting in the streets? Civil unrest and disobedience? Civil War?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    moosemanmooseman Posts: 126member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

Judging by these boards, the current political divide has polarized the US populous. Come November, I imagine things could get pretty nasty on the streets, if...

Imagine that because 75% of you are using electronic voting, there is another cock-up as there was during the last election, and the vote is split 50/50, but the chads didn't go through, the e-voting machines fail, etc, and the decision hangs in the balance. What do you think will happen, if Bush gets re-elected again, but it is determined that he didn't get the majority vote, etc, or that a judge has to decide the vote of a few states?

Could there be rioting in the streets? Civil unrest and disobedience? Civil War?

Somehow I'd say a decided no. Here is the thing, Liberals hate guns and violence. They deplore the war because it is violent. And violence is inherently evil, of course.

So, if you are gonna piss off a group of people, why not make it gun hating pacifists? What the hell are they gonna do? Stage a sit in? Oh no, unemployed pacifists suffering for their art will go on strike! What will we do? Who will make Fahrenheit 9/11 or The Day After Tomorrow? We'll be completely and totally lost without Katie Couric telling us how bad we suck! Who could possibly take her place? Where would we find a conservative with nice legs to sit in a chair and look concerned? (I nominate Ann Coulter or Moxie)

Government employees everywhere would strike. Then, how would welfare checks get distributed? Who would mail the food stamps? Who would audit our tax returns?

Ohh, the horror!

Of course all this was meant tongue in cheek. So don't get your panties in a wad, tree bark humpers.

• Reply 2 of 6
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Appleinsider.com has gone to shit
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mooseman

Somehow I'd say a decided no. Here is the thing, Liberals hate guns and violence. They deplore the war because it is violent. And violence is inherently evil, of course.

So, if you are gonna piss off a group of people, why not make it gun hating pacifists? What the hell are they gonna do? Stage a sit in? Oh no, unemployed pacifists suffering for their art will go on strike! What will we do? Who will make Fahrenheit 9/11 or The Day After Tomorrow? We'll be completely and totally lost without Katie Couric telling us how bad we suck! Who could possibly take her place? Where would we find a conservative with nice legs to sit in a chair and look concerned? (I nominate Ann Coulter or Moxie)

Government employees everywhere would strike. Then, how would welfare checks get distributed? Who would mail the food stamps? Who would audit our tax returns?

Ohh, the horror!

Of course all this was meant tongue in cheek. So don't get your panties in a wad, tree bark humpers.

LMFAO!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Well? If the democrats try to steal the election again there could be problems from them when they don't get their way.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    Do I hear an Echo????

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...646354,00.html

who tried to steal what???

Florida is just as close as it was in 2000... so teh Republican Party of FL is up to it's old tricks...

Oh and they're trying to take away the requirement for the need of a witness for Military Absentee ballots.

*hugs a tree*
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mooseman

Ohh, the horror!

is this for real?!?

I guess Conservative 'like' Violence?!