Network problem...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi folks...

since yesterday i'm a proud owner of an apple my first apple

It's and Power Mac 9500/200 with OS 9.1. There are 3 nic's on that machine At least there are 3 RJ-45 ports. If i put a network cable in one of that ports and the other end in my 3Com switch than the machine acts strange, gets error messages like "finder has stopt" and then i have to restart.

The Swith is connected to a router with DHCP.

How can i configure my nic? I want on the internet with that machine. Is it possible?

Gr Roman

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    In Appletalk/Network control panel you configure networking over a specific card as opposed to "built in".

You may need to download a driver for the specific Network interface Card in order for it to show up as a new choice.

Try them one at a time, with only one card in at a time..

I used to use one card for SDSL and the other ET connection for Appletalk to talk to my local LAN, but I had network frustrations. Easier to do with a real switch.

I can remember using AppleTalk Interport Router software on an old mac with several NICs... memories...may be obsolete but yet...

iShare!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roman

[B]

It's and Power Mac 9500/200 with OS 9.1. There are 3 nic's on that machine At least there are 3 RJ-45 ports. If i put a network cable in one of that ports and the other end in my 3Com switch than the machine acts strange, gets error messages like "finder has stopt" and then i have to restart.

The Swith is connected to a router with DHCP.

How can i configure my nic? I want on the internet with that machine. Is it possible?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    romanroman Posts: 7member
    Yesterday i have changed my settings and... hurray... it worked, i don't know what i have done but it worked. I hope it's still working to night