17" Cinema Calibration In X

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
How do I calibrate the 17" cinema display. Apple's color sync just doesn't cut matching color perfectly when you work in a photography studio. Could somone point me to software that I can adjust color with. Adobe Gama is what I used in 9 but since i'm trying to make the switch. Also is there anyway in 9 or X that i can adjust the contrast?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    What? I thought ColorSync was the best thing there to sync colors... I also thought you never use LCDs for color matching... You have tried the "Display Calibrator" utility right?

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: chych ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 4
    You might wanna take a look at this:

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/michelf/english/software/gamma-control.html"; target="_blank">Gamma Control</a> for OS X

Good luck

Edit: In the preferences you need to click the advanced window control to be able to also adjust color channels!

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: Pixelpusher ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by chych:

<strong>What? I thought ColorSync was the best thing there to sync colors... I also thought you never use LCDs for color matching... You have tried the "Display Calibrator" utility right?

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: chych ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

We don't need perfect color, we need to set our LCD to display how it will look after it is printed. So we need to set it a certain way and I'm not sure how to do that with OS X...but I will be trying gama control. Thanks
  • Reply 4 of 4
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    i'd also be interested to know this......

in the meantime, a hardware solution to this would be......

colorvision's spyder