ichat av with PC

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm trying to start a one way video conference from my PB with isight to my PC on the same local network. It is working with my other mac on the same network with out problems but it doesnt work with PC. I tried the RTC 2.1 or whatever upgrade on the PC side but doesnt help. Any one get this to work with their XP PC?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    vandewaalsvandewaals Posts: 450member
    I think it only works with the newest AOL Instant Messenger client for Windows (5.5? too lazy to look right now).
  • Reply 2 of 7
    jxfreakjxfreak Posts: 138member
    i'm trying it on the latest AIM. I want it to work real bad. Any luck by people?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    I have a pc and mac connected on the same network at home, I was able to video conference (including audio chat) with aol (on pc) and iChat (on my mac). I could video chat with no problem.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    How did you set up your router/firewall?

My Netgear router is not helping.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    The router firewall generally doesn't filter local traffic (by default)... you have software firewall off on the pc?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    first disable the windows XP internal firewall (use norton or others instead). I believe one-way videochat is not supported with aim, you can only do one way if you connect a camera to the pc and then disconnect it while chatting. Both computers will have to have access to the internet to connect to each other (no rendezvous support on Windows).
  • Reply 7 of 7
    The firewall on PC (winxp) is turned off. The PC doesn'ty allow one way video? That explains it than, I cant get it to work one way. Thanks for suggestions people.