iChat A/V audio with PC AIM

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok wasn't the new update for ichat that came out a while ago suppose to support audio/video capabilities with people using PC's with AIM 5.5 or something. Well I just got a mic and imic so that I can use ichat to talk with people throught the internet...but to my dismay it will not allow me to. The only person it lets me audio chat is a guy with OS X 10.3 who runs ichat...no one else that i really want to talk to even has a mac.

So whats the deal...how do I get my audio chats to work with my PC loving friends?

Thanks for the help...and sorry if this is an old topic...I didn't see it if it was here before.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I'm sure one of you Genius's knows what to do
  • Reply 2 of 3
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Start with the basics.

If it works fine from Mac to Mac, then the problem is likely on the PC end.

iChat AV: How to Use With a Firewall or NAT Router might help if you eliminated other causes...

Probably just need the PC folk to upgrade their AIM version, but a bit of Googling also found alternatives
  • Reply 3 of 3
    We had audio back in AIM 4.3 something, back in OS 9. How come they couldn't just port it off to OS X...is it that hard for all those genious programmers out there? Just a thought...we had it once...it not cool to take it away.