looking for good photo printer

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I am looking for a good photo printer. One that works well with both OSX and PC's. I have a Canon G2 digital camera (as well as a Canon s200), and would like to be able to print at 8"x10" and below photos. I would like something that has exceptional quality, that also does good black and white (if possible). I hear Epson and HP are releasing or have released new printers. I was wondering if anyone has used them or can recommend any. I am looking for something in the $400 to $799 area.

Also, has anyone used any of the all-in-one printers (color photo printer/fax/scanner). Saw a couple from HP at Macworld and they seemed pretty interesting. From the color photos they were showing they seemed very sharp. How do they compare to printers that are just color photo?

I would appreciate it if anyone of you who are in digital photography can recommend a great printer. Also what papers you use to print and any other advice you can give.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

- trowa

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: trowa ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    I never really looked into this, but HP used to have consumer grade photo-only printers (I assume this is what you are talking about). I dunno about now. You might want to look into HP. Sorry, but I don't know what compatibility they had.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jjesterjjester Posts: 3member
    [quote]Originally posted by pyr3:

<strong>I never really looked into this, but HP used to have consumer grade photo-only printers (I assume this is what you are talking about). I dunno about now. You might want to look into HP. Sorry, but I don't know what compatibility they had.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think the photo only printer you're talking about only prints 4x6 prints. Personally, I have a Canon S300 and I love it. When i use the canon photo paper, the only way I can tell the difference between the photos it prints and the ones I get developed is that the professional ones have kodak written all over the back. I'm not sure how it does for 8x10's though.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Go to gadgetguru.com. He almost never updates the site but he has a review or a photoprinter that he says is great up on the site right now.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    Canon's have quality, no doubt about that but. . . had a canon 6 years ago, and another one 3 years ago, they were both the noiseyest things evereverever. I still had a grudge against canon, and their noisy printers when my mom, found a great deal on their printer/scanner/copier, and so we got it, and it was NOISY NOISY NOISY, the quality and speed are great though
  • Reply 5 of 5
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    I have an Epson Photo 810 and it is great and whats more it is cheap! Its slowish but the quality is BRILLIANT!!! It uses CYMK colour too!