Any Marillion fans out there?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey just wondering if there are any Marillion or Fish fans on these boards? I'm absolutely loving the new Marbles album and can't wait for Marillion's concert in San Francisco in September.

Edit: added link-

http://www.marillion.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    I only listen to* Motorhead, sorry.

All ya need to help ya get through life is the following songs:

(Don't Let 'em) Grind Ya Down, (Don't Need) Religion, (I won't) Pay your Price, (We Are) The Road Crew, Ace Of Spades, Ain't My Crime, All For You, All The Aces, America, Another Perfect Day, Back At The Funny Farm, Bang To Rights, Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers, Bite The Bullet, Blackheart, Bomber, Boogeyman, Built For Speed, Capricorn, City Kids, Claw, Claw (Alternate Version), Cradle To The Grave, Damage Case, Dance, Dancing On Your Grave, Dead Man Tell No Tales, Dead Men Tell No Tales, Deaf Forever, Die You Bastard, Doctor Rock, Dogs, Eat The Rich, Emergency, Fast And Loose, Fire, Fire, Go To Hell, Heart Of Stone, I Got Mine, I'll be your Sister, I'm So Bad (Baby I Don't Care), I'm The Doctor, I'm Your Witch Doctor, Instro, Iron Fist, Iron Horse, Iron Horse/Born To Lose, Jailbait, Just 'Cos You Got The Power, Keep Us On The Road, Killed by Death, Lawman, Leaving Here, Lemmy Goes To The Pub, Like a Nightmare, Limb from Limb, Live To Win, Locomotive, Loser, Lost Johnny, Louie, Louie, Love Me Forever, Love Me Like A Reptile, Make My Day, Marching Off To War, Mean Machine, Metropolis, Motörhead, No Class, Nothing Up My Sleeve, Oh Lord..., On Parole, On The Road, One to Sing the Blues, One Track Mind, Orgasmatron, Over The Top, Overkill, Please Don't Touch, Poison, Remember Me, I'm Gone, Ridin' With The Driver, Rock 'n' Roll, Rock It, Same Old Song, I'm Gone, Sex And Outrage, Sharpshooter, Shine, Shoot You In The Back, Shut It Down, Shut You Down, Snaggletooth, Speedfreak, Stay Clean, Steal Your Face, Step Down, Stone Dead Forever, Stone Deaf In The U.S.A., Sweet Revenge, Tales Of Glory, Talking Head, Tear ya down, The Chase Is Better Than The Catch, The Hammer, The Train Kept A-Rollin', The Watcher, The Wolf, Too Late Too Late, Too Late, Too Late, Traitor, Turn You Round Again, Under the Knife (Fast Version), Under the Knife (Slow Version), Vibrator, We Are, The Road Crew, White Line Fever, Young And Crazy

--

* slight exaggeration
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Well, thanks for posting. I can see this 6-degrees of separation thing isn't working to well in this case. I alway found my love of Marillion and Apple had some common elements of appreciating the quality in the underdog.

I guess this thread is going to sink to the bottom real quick.

For the masses who doen't know Marillion, you may want to check them out if you like things like old Genesis, Radiohead, Rush. You need to be someone who like to read and think about lyrics. They make long songs and quite a few concept albums. They've had two singers Fish and now Steve Hogarth. They each have their strengths, but the switch caused a lot of fans to leave the fold years ago. Fish has his solo career going. He has had some winners and loosers in my opinion, but I buy them all.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    I only have Misplaced Childhood.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Like for many fans, Misplaced Childhood started it for me as well.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Like for many fans, Misplaced Childhood started it for me as well.

It's a good album, I think. Only a few of the songs are cheesy and the rest I really quite enjoy. I understand Fish has a solo project, although I've not heard it.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Fish has had many solo projects and Marillion has had more albums without Fish than with him.

For Fish info: http://www.the-company.com/

Any of the Marillion/Fish albums are still worth listening to if you liked MC. They are Script for a Jester's Tear, Fugazi, B-Sides Themselves and Clutching at Straws.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Not a big prog-rock fan, myself. Though I did own a couple Styx records in the mid-80s...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Big Marillion/Fish fan here! Of course, I was around for the "birth" of prog-rock...

johnq, I was at The Whiskey for Lemmy's 50th B-day bash when Metallica opened the show in black wigs performing as "the Lemmy's"! What a show!!!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Been playing with your Marbles?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Aye...