G5 + what LCD?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced LCD? Paying $599 for the Apple 17" (educational price) is totally out of the question. I'm looking for an LCD with a low response time, DVI connection, and high contrast ratio. I do a lot of video work, as well as 3D games. I'd like to spend as little as possible.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm not sure what your getting at? You don't think $599.00 is a reasonable price for the 17", or you don't have $599.00 to spend on an LCD?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Think they mean paying for an ASD at that price is out of the question because of its "response time, connector and contrast ratio". Check Tom's Hardware Guide and Macworld Magazine both periodically review LCDs.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    stjobsstjobs Posts: 45member
    "You don't think $599.00 is a reasonable price for the 17", or you don't have $599.00 to spend on an LCD?"

More of the first. I mean, it's approximately 20% above comparable LCDs from third-party manufacturers, but even if it was priced similarly, it's my personal belief that LCDs are overpriced. In a time when you can find a 19" CRT for $200, paying three times that for a smaller screen with potential problems with ghosting, darker corners, and poor contrast isn't a good thing.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    O.K. I don't know then. I'm a bad example. I've had a 17" since it came out at it's original price, and mine still looks quite good. But then again I don't smoke, or have kids, or anything either.