Is \/\/ickes banned ?

neoneo
Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
i'm just wondering, because vBulletin displays him as a deleted user.

I thought he wasn't that bad of a guy...

-Neø

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    what or who is Kaspar ?

-Neø
  • Reply 2 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Here's a better question, what is this doing in AppleOutsider?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Here's a better question, what is this doing in AppleOutsider?

i dunno.

i just haven't heard from \\/\\/ickes in a while, and then he turns out to be a deleted user

-Neø
  • Reply 4 of 9
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    I think what Groverat is trying to say is that there are some questions we are not allowed to be asking, and this is one of them.

• Reply 5 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Despite all Kasper ISN´T god and the being of him IS allowed to questioned and the mention of his name IS allowed. But this thread is more suited for another forum. And thats where this is going.

I was luckily not available when "things" happened here so the being of \\/\\/ is outside my knowledge.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    I know we can mention Kasper's name, but what happens if I mention a website? I asked a month ago if there was going to be an official "statement" about the split, which I got the reply, yes in time. When will that time be?

Even saying this much is probably too much?

• Reply 7 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    To be specific, \\/\\/ickes spammed the boards constantly. Then a bunch of member complaints about spammed PMs started coming in, and that was the last straw.

We've banned spammers with less provocation before. We actually held off for an unusually long time because he was a contributor to the boards, and because of the circumstances. But at a certain point, enough was enough.