picture viewer

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hi. im looking for a very simple picture viewer for mac like irfanview for pc. im new at mac, and im not really liking the preview feature already built in.



ps. freeware would be nice.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 7
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Graphic Converter - shareware, but it is very powerful.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    ToyViewer is my Preview alternative of choice, a friend of mine also likes JView.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by NorthernSoul

    hi. im looking for a very simple picture viewer for mac like irfanview for pc. im new at mac, and im not really liking the preview feature already built in.



    ps. freeware would be nice.




    You know that MacOS X does come with Preview. Which formats do you want to view that Preview can't handle?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Mr. Me

    You know that MacOS X does come with Preview. Which formats do you want to view that Preview can't handle?



    theres nothing wrong with it, its just not what im used to irfanview.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by NorthernSoul

    theres nothing wrong with it, its just not what im used to irfanview.



    Yeah, we have irfan installed at work. GraphicConverter and ToyViewer gives you a similar workflow. For image slideshows there is also JPEGDeux.



    Haven't used irfan in a while, what particular feature are you in need of?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,546member
    General purpose tip. If you need software to do "xyz" go to Versiontracker.com and search.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    daisyggdaisygg Posts: 4member
    1. ACDSee

    2. iView MediaPro

    3. iphoto







    Quote:

    Originally posted by NorthernSoul

    hi. im looking for a very simple picture viewer for mac like irfanview for pc. im new at mac, and im not really liking the preview feature already built in.



    ps. freeware would be nice.




Sign In or Register to comment.