iSight and iChat

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My dad and I just got two iSight cams. I have OS 10.2.8, and going to download the latest free iChat. He just bought a new iMac, with 10.3 so he will have the newer version of iChat. Is there any difference?

What is the best thing for me to do?

Should I add Panther from his computer to mine? How will it run on my laptop?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by millsdude

My dad and I just got two iSight cams. I have OS 10.2.8, and going to download the latest free iChat. He just bought a new iMac, with 10.3 so he will have the newer version of iChat. Is there any difference?

What is the best thing for me to do?

Should I add Panther from his computer to mine? How will it run on my laptop?

Thanks.

As long as its iChatAV, you should fine. You really should upgrade to Panther though--it rocks. Actually, jsut wait for Tiger I guess.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

As long as its iChatAV, you should fine. You really should upgrade to Panther though--it rocks. Actually, jsut wait for Tiger I guess.

no, he will have to PAY for iChatAV on Jaguar... it was one of the "features" that apple tried to use to push Panther purchases...

Installing Panther on your computer will save you from buying the $29 "upgrade", but it will also be stealing...

do what you must

edit:

WHY did you post this in more then one place?

dupe

can a mod please move this thread into the GB and merge the two threads together?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    millsdudemillsdude Posts: 135member
    Sorry about posting at multiple spots but I figured I get my answer fastest that way.

If I upgrade to Panther, will I have to make a back up of everything?

How would I do that for my iTunes? Could I just keep all my music on my iPod as it is now and then load them from my iPod to my computer after I update?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by millsdude

Sorry about posting at multiple spots but I figured I get my answer fastest that way.

If I upgrade to Panther, will I have to make a back up of everything?

How would I do that for my iTunes? Could I just keep all my music on my iPod as it is now and then load them from my iPod to my computer after I update?

You don't have to backup everything, Panther has an 'upgrade' option. I'd still recommend a backup though, if you have some space on the iPod.

As far as getting stuff from the iPod, I think there's software you can search for to do that if needed.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Please use thread in Genius Bar.

STOP CROSS-POSTING! AAAAAAARGH

Thanks

Jambo