Anyone from Italy?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Being Scottish I normally support the underdog, but Italy's more urgent and entertaining style in the second half deserved more. I was disappointed when they realised went out despite and 94th minute winning goal. When the realisation dawned they looked gutted.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    you clowns and your "football."

I watched the France - Swiss game the other day. What a toilet bowl.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    No one's from Italy. Italians are from New York.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    You're a b**ch Anders. Not nice at all to tease Italians right now.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

You're a b**ch Anders. Not nice at all to tease Italians right now.

The coach has to go. Period.

They haven't fielded a proper international side since Euro 2000.

They can blame officiating for 2002, but they stank, and didn't play any sort of deserving soccer. They can point to a couple of calls, but they stank this time round to.

Trappatoni is simply too interested in demonstrating his ability to manage, rather than that of his players to play.

Catenacchio is one thing when you're fielding the back fields of 90-94-even 98. And to be fair, their is a deep back wall there even now, but the boys in the middle have to play, and by play, I mean hustle, and that goes for the boys up front too.

I counted dozens of occasions with no mid-fielder up to snag a weak clearing attempt or mishandled pass. Where is the pressure? How do you expect to score? One perfect midfield service to one perfectly timed run? That's a dream.

Soccer is not a perfect game. If you wait and wait and wait for the perfect counter strike, your finishing suffers. Eventually, the players play all wound up. It seems Italians have approached the game with far to much pressure of their own making bogging them down.

To be fair to Trappatoni, it cost them in 90-94 too, but those teams were a joy to watch, if a little unlucky, Trap's teams have been painful.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Pooooorr italians, this damn nordish people screwed them up. They have predicted that denmark and sweden will make an agreement to share the victory with a 2-2 score