Number of Terminals on a Single Screen

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm considering purchasing a 12" Powerbook, but I'm conserned about screen size. How many standard sized terminals (80x24) will fit onto a single screen? I'm sure this will vary depending on font, so use whatever is default or reasonable. Also, could someone post screenshots?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Well, considering that they can be made translucent, I usually have about six or seven 80x66 windows open at once on a 15" (1280x854) and overlapping.

Figure what, ten 80x24 windows without too much problem? The translucency really helps you find the right window and read off info you need from the background.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Have you heard of the terminal app 'screen'? If not, man screen. It is included in Panther by default, yay! Having 10 terms open may be pointless if you are familiar w/ screen.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Don't forget about Expose. Between it and true translucency, you can easily keep track of way more terminal windows than you should need to. When I'm coding or database diving, I routinely keep as many as 4 or 5 open on my 12" iBook, and I've just never had the need for more.