Ti minicd limitation solution?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm purchasing one of the new Ti's soon and was a bit annoyed when i heard the drive doesnt support minicds because i use them sometimes because its easier to shove them in a wallet. Anyway I recently bought a rare cd off a friend which i actually found out was a minicd but it actually came in the middle of a regular cd sized piece of plastic which says "cd single adaptor" on one side, which im guessing if for when cd players didnt have the area to place the minicds. Although i was wondering if it could be used to put minicds in a powerbook, as its the same size as a regular cd.

Anyone seen these or tried it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    [quote]Originally posted by sushiism:

<strong>I'm purchasing one of the new Ti's soon and was a bit annoyed when i heard the drive doesnt support minicds because i use them sometimes because its easier to shove them in a wallet. Anyway I recently bought a rare cd off a friend which i actually found out was a minicd but it actually came in the middle of a regular cd sized piece of plastic which says "cd single adaptor" on one side, which im guessing if for when cd players didnt have the area to place the minicds. Although i was wondering if it could be used to put minicds in a powerbook, as its the same size as a regular cd.

Anyone seen these or tried it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I haven't seen them, but if they extend the minicd to the size of a regular CD then it should work. The CD drive won't read the regions that are part of the extender since the ToC will tell it that the end of the data track is before then. This is just like burning a CD that uses only part of the disc. The rest isn't read since the ToC doesn't list any data as being there.

edit:

At least I think, it will work this way. Not having seen what these 'extenders' are like I can't really say for sure. Anyone back me up?

[ 08-05-2002: Message edited by: pyr3 ]</p>