Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by logic1394

Wow check this out:

http://www.palmsales.ca

I wanna live this dream....

You do realize you'll pay $29.95 for a loaf of bread?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

You do realize you'll pay $29.95 for a loaf of bread?

More like $29.95 for a sandwich!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    imagine what insurance for a place there would be, i mean, one little hurricane and its sunk.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    See, they need to be part of the US, then FEMA will pay for your house rebuild for you, no insurance necessary.

Yep, we all get to rebuild those idiots on the NC coast who get their beach houses washed away on a regular basis and then whine about 'tragedy'. Feh. Oh, and don't forget the millions going into 'beach stability'.... Look, you yahoos, if the ocean wants to go there, it's *GOING TO*. Go build somewhere else and stop bitching.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Yay for raping the environment! No wonder they had to go to DUBAI to do something like this.

The opulence is sickening. There are 2 billion people in the world starving and living day to day.

I hope a hurricane levels it.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I'm going here...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Yay for raping the environment! No wonder they had to go to DUBAI to do something like this.

The opulence is sickening. There are 2 billion people in the world starving and living day to day.

I hope a hurricane levels it.

Does this also apply to skyscrapers, archaelogical treasures like the pyramids and the Parthenon? We should all live in tin roofed shanty towns. Where do you live, Existence?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    29.95 for a sandwhich? where did you get your info from? I dont know where you stayed but I was down in dubai in dec, and for 10 dirhams ($3) you can get a 3 course meal! oh yea!!

yea if you stay at a world-class resort, it should get expensive just like any other place..

not everyone that goes to nyc stays at the waldorf

and how exactly does reclaiming land translate into 'raping' the environment? ppl have been doing it around the world for centuries and there are no reefs there.. and the impact on marine life will be minimal in that part of the arabian sea

keep in mind with current global warming trends and the melting polar ice caps, land reclamation might catch on across the world and become an issue of survival rather than opulence!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Someone needs to put a stop to those horrible horrible POLDER MAKING DUTCH MOTHERFUCKERS! Environment rapers!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by logic1394

29.95 for a sandwhich? where did you get your info from? I dont know where you stayed but I was down in dubai in dec, and for 10 dirhams ($3) you can get a 3 course meal! oh yea!!

My original "$29.95 for a loaf of bread" hyperbolic remark was referring to the fact that in general living on islands means you potentially pay much more for basic/non-local goods than you would on "mainland".

This was reinterpreted as meaning something like "living with a bunch of rich people in a posh island resort means you'll pay $29.95 for a sandwich." which is other than what I had intended, whether it's true or not.

This was then further interpreted as meaning Dubai (or presumably "that part of the world") is expensive. That Dubai is inexpensive, in one person's experience, doesn't resolve one way or another if it is more expensive on an island off of Dubai, posh or not.

Aren't forums fun?