No iPod for Mini's

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Has anyone noticed that the Mini has been removed from the apple website as an iPod compatible car? There used to be a picture of the mini, but now it is missing... and I can't find it at the Bmer site either. Was there an announcement I missed... will the Mini no longer be compatible?

iDunno

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    http://www.apple.com/ipod/bmw/

It's got a picture of both regular and mini, so I imaginge that both will be compatible
  • Reply 2 of 7
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    lol, no I mean Mini, as in Mini Cooper, the car. It did have pictures up of the Mini cooper and saying it was compatible, but now they have been removed.

iDunno
  • Reply 3 of 7
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Ye, I noticed that as well, seems quite strange as you would expect that the Mini would be an ideal car - it is cute and trendy like the iPod. Apple should definitely do a deal to have the iPod mini in the Mini I reckon - the colour could match the roof colour of the mini or something!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I just finished watching the keynote, and in it Steve J mentions that the Mini will be iPod compatible, so either someone hasn't told him that it is no longer... or someone has accidently taken down the photos from the site.

iDunno
  • Reply 5 of 7
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    There's a Mini at WWDC to show off the iPod adaptor. Why don't you just call a local Mini dealer, anyway?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Apple was contacted by BMW to remove the Mini because not many people know that BMW owns Mini and they are actually marketed by two different groups.

I guess they'll have a separate promotion for Mini later

and yes... it will work no problem with Mini...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Sweeeet, because I am an Apple user, I am used to paying a lot for a machine, which is why I love the Mini.

iDunno