What do you think about the new Tiger ad campaign?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    In case the links above don't work: MacMinute.

While 'Start your photocopiers' is forgivable... What the fuck does 'Introducing Longhorn' mean?! Are they totally crazy?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    *moved my post to a more active part
  • Reply 3 of 7
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

In case the links above don't work: MacMinute.

While 'Start your photocopiers' is forgivable... What the fuck does 'Introducing Longhorn' mean?! Are they totally crazy?

Where are you from costique?

Do you understand sarcasm? (Seriously, I know certain cultures are devoid of sarcasm or at best bad at deciphering American humor). EDIT: Oh, Are you Russian perhaps?

"Introducing Longhorn" = "Everything this OS contains will be ripped-off by Microsoft whenever they get around to finishing Longhorn".

I'm not saying that's they reality of what Tiger is about, but thatis what they mean. It's a developer's conference, they like competitive humor.

However, it is intriguing considering Jobs made that speech years ago saying something to the effect that such petty rivalries are over with. Ah well, things change.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Where are you from costique?

Do you understand sarcasm? (Seriously, I know certain cultures are devoid of sarcasm or at best bad at deciphering American humor). EDIT: Oh, Are you Russian perhaps?

Yes. And I can tell sarcasm from brand name insults and allegeable copyright infringement (do they introduce Microsoft Longhorn or what?)

Quote:

"Introducing Longhorn" = "Everything this OS contains will be ripped-off by Microsoft whenever they get around to finishing Longhorn".

I'm not saying that's they reality of what Tiger is about, but thatis what they mean. It's a developer's conference, they like competitive humor.

Yeah, M$ lawers will appreciate it.

I'm afraid the aggressiveness of these slogans is a direct result of having too little to boast about. I hope I am wrong.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    Being very bold.. Very bold.

I hope they don't spark the old Mac .vs PC debate again.. I just got back on speaking terms with my mates .

But I think it's kind of funny. A joke for people attending I think and no more.

Jimzip
  • Reply 6 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    [X] "This is not an ad campaign! For WWDC use only."
  • Reply 7 of 7
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

[X] "This is not an ad campaign! For WWDC use only."

**EXACTLY**

While some press might pick up on and try to 'make hay' from it (hey thats not Apples fault is it? - said with a sly grin) Apple is just trying to rally the troops (developers).

Posting live from WWDC (and still on ET) just woke up and dunno if I should stay awake or try to sync to CA time...

Dave