XGrid 1.0

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What can we expect from this?

I'm hoping some people in the High Performance track who will be seeing a lot more of this will update us some.

The MacNN articles notes a new SDK for developers for it, which ought to be noteworthy.

I also like this line on the Tiger - 64 bit site. (2nd to last paragraph, last sentence)

"That?s enough to address all the physical memory on an Xserve G5? or a cluster of millions of them." Would explain the shortage. Talk about profitability.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    It should be big. With the first basic preview, I was able to whip up a system with a G4 and a G5 in the lab that sped up a tool I was working on *nine times* over the stock PB G4 I was coding on. It took twenty minutes, including installing Xgrid on the other machines and configuring the network settings across two subLANs.

It rocks the boat that rocks the boat.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

It should be big. With the first basic preview, I was able to whip up a system with a G4 and a G5 in the lab that sped up a tool I was working on *nine times* over the stock PB G4 I was coding on. It took twenty minutes, including installing Xgrid on the other machines and configuring the network settings across two subLANs.

It rocks the boat that rocks the boat.

Have you tried Preview 2 ? (how long has it been up?)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Nope. Decided it was more important to graduate than to optimize the tools.