Is there software that can.....

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
....take pictures with my digital camera (it is not a webcam) on a timed basis? Like say I want to take a self portrait. Rather than holding the camera away from me I would rather have it on a tripod and plugged into my computer and have the computer take pictures. Is there any software that can do this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    digitaldavedigitaldave Posts: 445member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jared

....take pictures with my digital camera (it is not a webcam) on a timed basis? Like say I want to take a self portrait. Rather than holding the camera away from me I would rather have it on a tripod and plugged into my computer and have the computer take pictures. Is there any software that can do this?

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any third party software to do that, but Canon cameras come with Remote Capture, an app for tethered shooting. I just checked, and it does indeed have the facility to do timed shots. I would imagine that other manufacturers have similar software available. What make is your camera?

Dave.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Abrey

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is any third party software to do that, but Canon cameras come with Remote Capture, an app for tethered shooting. I just checked, and it does indeed have the facility to do timed shots. I would imagine that other manufacturers have similar software available. What make is your camera?

Dave.

It is Sony DSC-F707. Would it be possible to even create an AppleScript for this kind of thing?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I don't know about that, but I find it hard to believe you don't have a time delay on that camera? I though they all did now a days.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I don't know about that, but I find it hard to believe you don't have a time delay on that camera? I though they all did now a days.

You know, I am sure there is now that you think about it. It is a hand me down so I do not have the manual but I will play with it a little and see what I can do. Thanks for the advice.