Siggraph 2004- Painter 9 coming

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Blurb here

Quote:

the maker of Painter, will be introducing Painter 9 on August 9, 2004 (during Siggraph week), and I will be there to support them by giving a demo. I have been trying out the beta version for a while, and I am pleasantly surprised with the improvements. Location and time to be announced shortly

Great! I'll be running Painter on my next computer. Looking forward to seeing what they've done with it. I've always had a secret desire to see what Apple could have done with Painter's code. But as long as Corel is giving it it's due and keeping Mac support I'm happy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I like painter too. It's best with a wacom. I want the $100.00 Airbrush pen. Ryan Church is amazing. Have you seen his DVD's. WOW. The guy is flipping incredible.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I like painter too. It's best with a wacom. I want the $100.00 Airbrush pen. Ryan Church is amazing. Have you seen his DVD's. WOW. The guy is flipping incredible.

Awesome stuff but for what he does methinks he should switch to Maya

I do love my Painter though...(I wish Apple would buy it, frankly. Adobe had their chance. Painter Tiger Edition using Core Image would be a blast...throw in a touchscreen tablet Mac and I'm in heaven,
  • Reply 3 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

I just checked out his site. It's like OMG. Also check out www.ghull.com for George Hull if you haven't already. These guys are freakin' amazing.

Quote:

I do love my Painter though...(I wish Apple would buy it, frankly. Adobe had their chance. Painter Tiger Edition using Core Image would be a blast...throw in a touchscreen tablet Mac and I'm in heaven,

<groan> Stop it John...you tempt with with fantasy that will never happen. One can dream though.

I'm just impatient. I want everything to be realtime as much as possible.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Awesome stuff but for what he does methinks he should switch to Maya

He whips those out fast which is what he has to do being a concept design artist for ILM. He only has so much time before George Lucas need results. He can create 40 or more of those in 2D in Painter in the time it would take him to finish one in Maya. I think he might do some matte painting for ILM to, but I'm not sure.