.Mac Backup and moved home folder... Any suggestions?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So, I added a new 160 GB HDD to my Power Mac G5, to put my personal home folder and files on, so that I could use my G5's main hard drive just for applications, the system and my boyfriend's files. So I went into NetInfo Manager, and reset the location of my home folder, dragged and dropped everything, and tada, all's well. All my apps are performing normally... all but Backup.

Now, Backup doesn't see anything to back up. It finds nothing in my QuickPicks, and even if I drag a folder with hundreds of megs of files in it to the list, it still says 0 CDs or DVDs required. I tried trashing the preferences, but to no avail. I can't figure out how to make this blasted program work like it's supposed to.

If I create a new account, Backup works fine. But if I then rename or move the account's home folder in any way, Backup breaks everytime.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

I need to use this new drive as my home folder -- I don't want to have my stuff spread out over multiple drives, and I got a huge drive so as to accomodate all of what I have. But I am also overpaying every year for .Mac, and I don't think it's too much to ask that Backup continue to work even after the Home folder has been moved.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    Have you tried putting an alias of your home folder in the users folder of the main drive? I'm not sure if this will solve the problem, but it can't hurt to try.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    kirklandkirkland Posts: 594member
    Good suggestion, but no go. More than I've gotten at the Apple Discussion Boards, though.