New 23" Display - Quality and Ship Date

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So I believe the quality of the new 23" Cinema Display rocks and is worth the money for the beautiful monitor. Does anyone know of a better option?

Secondly, I've ordered one of the new monitors, ~30min after the announcement, and it won't ship until July 26th. What date have you been given and/or did you receive the display?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KCOM2006

So I believe the quality of the new 23" Cinema Display rocks and is worth the money for the beautiful monitor. Does anyone know of a better option?

Secondly, I've ordered one of the new monitors, ~30min after the announcement, and it won't ship until July 26th. What date have you been given and/or did you receive the display?

new 20"--7/26
  • Reply 2 of 9
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    20" 7/28

Screed
  • Reply 3 of 9
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    I called the Apple Store in Littleton, CO yesterday to ask if they will be getting a demo unit before the release and was told they won't. Surprising. I want to try before I buy, however, I think I'll be blown away.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member
    I've seen the Apple 20" and 23" monitors side-by-side with the Sun 23" LCD monitor. Both the 20" and 23" Apple monitors have vastly superior displays.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    20" by 7/27...\
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDave

I called the Apple Store in Littleton, CO yesterday to ask if they will be getting a demo unit before the release and was told they won't. Surprising. I want to try before I buy, however, I think I'll be blown away.

Did you try calling Cherry Creek as well??
  • Reply 7 of 9
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ijerry

Did you try calling Cherry Creek as well??

No, I guess I just assumed if one won't have a demo in advance, neither will.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    webflitswebflits Posts: 58member
    I ordered a new powermac (dual 2.0) and one of the new 20" screens on 01/07/2004.

Yesterday a received a shipping confirmation from Apple!

------------------------------------------------

APPLE CIN DISPLAY 20" FLAT PANEL-ZML

M9177ZM/A

Shipped

Carrier : TNT Nederland B.V.

Tracking Number(s) :

A5811057

------------------------------------------------
  • Reply 9 of 9
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    Does anyone NOT have a ship date that's a month after you ordered? I think that the Apple Store just adds a month. I ordered on 9 July and my status is "by 9 August".