Iraq: Mysterious group threatens al-Zarqawi

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Quote:

The Arabic-language TV network Al-Arabiya said it received a taped statement from an organization that calls itself the Rescue Group warning al-Zarqawi and his followers to leave Iraq or face the consequences.

One masked militant read a statement denouncing the actions by al-Zarqawi and his followers as hurtful to Iraq, particularly the kidnapping of foreigners.

FullStory:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...ain/index.html

very strange but good news for the US?, i think so

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Rarely is vigilantism good news, but it would be nice to see Zarqawi served up to the proper authorities on a silver platter.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Maybe good news for the US, time will tell. Definitely bad news for those of a reductionist bi-polar mindset though - if this group use guerilla or 'terrorist' tactics yet still commit actions that help the US then the black/white western fundies will face an existential dilemma that might require an adjustment of their weltanschaung.

I guess they won't be able to assimilate or register that though so maybe it won't matter.

Oh, what a quandry is afoot!

Once again, the liberal web of twisted circular logic rears its ugly head. A miliant group that targets TERRORISTS is not our friend? Doesn't it depend on what the target it?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    It's all so nuanced I can't keep it straight.