i hope that the new ipods are released as soon as it hits 100 million

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
i hope that the new ipods are released as soon as it hits 100 million, how cool would that be?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 18
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by bobdolee

    i hope that the new ipods are released as soon as it hits 100 million, how cool would that be?



    Away, away, to digital hub......
  • Reply 2 of 18
    No, it's still future hardware.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    It better play video and be something like this:







  • Reply 4 of 18
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,146member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

    No, it's still future hardware.





    You're new so we'll forgive you for this slip but Digital Hub is for Digital Hub devices whether they be current or new.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    I'm not new at all. An unreleased iPod is still new hardware even if it belongs to the digital hub.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,146member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

    I'm not new at all. An unreleased iPod is still new hardware even if it belongs to the digital hub.



    Then you should know how this forums works. I'm not debating on whether the 4G iPod is new hardware..it is. Nontheless it belongs in Digital Hub. Newbies beware!!
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Gosh what a grouch. Okay, digital hub, old timer.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    bdonnbdonn Posts: 28member
    Since the iPod mini just went international, I'm sure it'll be awhile still before a 4G version comes out.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,146member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

    Gosh what a grouch. Okay, digital hub, old timer.



    I'm joking actually. Man sorry about your leg. What was it a spiral fracture?



    I wish I could be looking forwared to the iPods but I have to get a Mac first. Though an announcement to commorate the first 100+ Million songs would be nice.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:

    Originally posted by hmurchison

    I'm joking actually. Man sorry about your leg. What was it a spiral fracture?



    I wish I could be looking forwared to the iPods but I have to get a Mac first. Though an announcement to commorate the first 100+ Million songs would be nice.




    I know, I'm joking too.



    I don't know much medical jargon but basically my leg broke in two pieces and I have this titanium rod inside now so it gets back together. Probably a 4 to 6 months recovery period. This means I have a lot of spare time to visit forums and watch tv and read.



    Which mac do you plan on getting?



    I'm really hoping Apple has a new iPod out the door by the holiday season. I'll literally RUN out to get it once I can walk again.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,146member
    I'm looking at the iMac reeeeely hard. I'm crossing my fingers for a nice system come Sept.



    This fall in school I'll start learning Java and by the time Tiger comes out I'll halfway understand Xcode



    As for the iPod that's going to be a tougher choice. I LOVE the small size of the mini and it doesn't bother me that it's 4GB because I tend to only listen to songs that I've rated 4 stars and above which would fit in the 4GB just fine. The 4G will have to be nice for me to give up the small size of the mini.



    I'm so jazzed about Tiger, iTunes and iPods. I'm bored sitting here on this crappy PC. There's just no excitement like what Apple offers.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

    I know, I'm joking too.



    I don't know much medical jargon but basically my leg broke in two pieces and I have this titanium rod inside now so it gets back together. Probably a 4 to 6 months recovery period. This means I have a lot of spare time to visit forums and watch tv and read.




    Watch out for MRI machines in the future, as it sounds like your rod will be permanent. It can get ripped right out of your leg in one of those. Just make sure you tell the attending that you have a metal rod in your leg if you ever get an MRI in the future.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Rhumgod

    Watch out for MRI machines in the future, as it sounds like your rod will be permanent. It can get ripped right out of your leg in one of those. Just make sure you tell the attending that you have a metal rod in your leg if you ever get an MRI in the future.



    Ugh, I HATE MRIs! Way too tight in there! And having to sit still all that time.



    iPod wise, I hope they don't release anything like that RCA Lyra. Keep it about the music. IIRC that was also the mentality of Jobs.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    That sounds scary, the MRI machines. Thanks for the warning. Hopefully my titanium rod will be removed in 1.5 or 2 years. That's what the doctor said, so I hope it doesn't have to be there forever.



    Meanwhile I'll make noise at airport security points and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the microwave oven. \
  • Reply 15 of 18
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

    Meanwhile I'll make noise at airport security points and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the microwave oven. \



    Your microwave's fine, that grid in the door shields it.



    As for the Lyra, I think Appple needs to keep focusing on on making the iPod smaller (even if it is incremental, like the 2G to 3G shift). A color screen would be awesome for iTunes visualizer and video playback but it's only worth it if it can be sandwiched into the current form factor.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    pioneer01pioneer01 Posts: 46member
    Yeah! Those MRI thingies are scary. They even ask you if you ever had any metal fragments in your eyes. Can't even begin to think what that would do to you inside there! And don't even think of taking your iPod near one of those things
  • Reply 17 of 18
    I would rather the new ipods remained the same size but had more battery life - that's all i need - who needs a color screen and phone options tyhat's rubbish
  • Reply 18 of 18
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    Off topic, but on the current thread subject.... Titanium rods, clips, whatever are indeed MRI compatible. Only issue is that Titanium creates fuzzy imaging around its immediate area on MRIs, but much less than other metal implants. And, btw, sorry about your leg problem.



    Back on topic, I agree that Apple could very well update the iPod next week, since they will have lots of media attention after reaching 100'000,000 downloads.
Sign In or Register to comment.