Sms

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
So I can sent and recieve SMS through adress book.

But is this open in any way? Could that be incorporated and be used in more advanced solutions?

Would someone be able to make a program that did different processes when it detected a sms from certain numbers or with a certain text to take an example? I would kill for such a feature.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Ahem. Doesn´t´anyone know? We must have some programmers here that know stuff like this
  • Reply 2 of 8
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Well, if you want something to happen when you receive an SMS from a certain number, sign up for mail2web. It's free to receive SMS, and you can have it send you an email, or send the data via HTTP. If you choose the latter, you can set up scripts on your computer to respond to the message in whatever way you wish.

No, it's not the same as doing things directly, but it might be useful...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

So I can sent and recieve SMS through adress book.

How?!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

How?!

With a bluetooth mobile phone. Pair the phone to the computer, then press the bluetooth icon in address book. Clicking on a phone number in address book gives you the option to send an sms or to dial that number. You can type the sms on your computer, and it's sent through the phone
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Beware of the Sony-Ericsson P900 (or any other Symbian OS mobile phone - it fails in doing this.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    The easiest way to do this would be using Apple Script I would think ... I wonder what's in Address Book's dictionary?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    naderbynaderby Posts: 131member
    BluePhoneMenu is a very nice piece of software for calling/sms via bluetooth. I know it can be configured to run an applescript via receiving a phone call to your mobile, but I'm not sure if it can do this on receipt of SMS.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    naderbynaderby Posts: 131member
    Just noticed that half way down the page it mentions a new product called 'BluePhoneElite' that is coming soon.

Features:
    • Improved interface with Mail-style SMS folders and SMS chat!

• Export calls and SMSs to the AddressBook or iCal.

• New alerts including customizeable group-based alerts.

• More AppleScript triggers based on calls, SMSs, and phone range/activity.

• Hold/Flash buttons, call length tracking and on-screen volume control.

• Modify phone options (silent mode, call forwarding, etc...) from the menu.

• Battery and signal icons in the dock.

• Enhanced keyboard control and shortcuts.