Apple airport card?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does annyone knows if there's a replacement for the card cuz Apple decided to discontinue the regular 802.11b card....so what happen if I want to go wireless... I'm not going to sell my Mac just because I want to switch to it....

Help Me!!

Comments

• Reply 2 of 4
    khr0n0skhr0n0s Posts: 2member
    Thank you but I was hopping for a new one not a used one, like they do for battery and power supply. Usually another company makes this kind of item for them.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    There are always other options. Hell if the shit hits the fan you can have mine! Good as new - installed but never used!!

(I wonder sometimes if it works, but then by brain starts to hurt, so I stop)

• Reply 4 of 4
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Discontinuing the Airport card just after the release of Airport Express and Airtunes just doesn't make sense to me. I was just lucky to find one at a local reseller. I had previously ordered Airport Express Base station along with Airport Card for me iMac, Airport Express Card for me iBook along with Airtunes Stereo Kit at the AppleStore. Just found out about the AirportCard being cancelled when checking my order online. I just can't see how discontinuing it now makes sense.