Speakers.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I plan on purchasing an iBook, and possibly an iPod. Does anybody have any recommendations as to some good speakers that would work with both products? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    I have Creative I-Trigue® L3450 and am very pleased with them.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    creature speakers II from JBL. I have the first ones, don't know exactly what is new in the second generation speakers, but they look and sound great. Perfect for a dorm/bedroom, (as in my case). Also, if you already have a home stereo, buy airport express.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    meecesmeeces Posts: 160member
    I'll second that on the creature speakers. Awesome design, so many people look at them(especially the sub) and go what the heck is that! And if you're only looking to fill a room/office/dorm room space with sound, they are a great buy. Close to 85 I paid from I can't remember which web site. I too wonder though what the differance is between the I and II version? Also, get them in grey, the match the metal look of the mac line. My long two cents anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Do iBooks/pBooks support only stereo speakers or are there options for 4/5/6/7 point systems?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    isilorisilor Posts: 10member
    I recently bought some speakers for my kids eMac and another set for my iPod and PowerBook. We didn't agree at all on what sounded good.

I guess this shows that this is a very personal decision.

I'd recommend that you take your trusty iPod with you to your local electronics store, try some out, and pick the ones that sound best to you.

Cheers,

Isilor
  • Reply 6 of 9
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I third the JBL Creature speakers. I'll probably get a good setup pic up in a few months when I get my room re-organized.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    russsrusss Posts: 115member
    For those who were wondering what's different between the original Creatures and the Creature II:

from the JBL faq:

The Creature II White has green down-firing LED's instead of the blue on the original Creatures White. The Creature II comes in gray. The silver metallic Creatures are no longer produced. The new manufacturing process and material changes, enables the lower price point for the Creature II speakers. The performance of Creature II is the same as the original Creature.

So they basically cheapened them to reduce cost and the new gray color is really dull looking compared to the original silver metallic.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i'll also back up the creature speakers, ESPECIALLY if you get them refurb like i did. $60 baby!!!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    enderender Posts: 353member
    If you're looking for something more high-end, and need to fill a larger room than a dorm room or office, I'd suggest checking out what Klipsch has to offer. The Best Buy here sells them, so you probably have a local store that you can go to to hear them in action. All the reviews about Klipsch products that I've ever read have rated them very highly. I have the original 4.1 system from 3-4 years back.

-Ender

[edit] oh yeah, most (all?) of the Klipsch setups have a secondary mini-jack input that is perfect for hooking an iPod to while your mac is busy with something else (like a game, etc.). I really like that feature on mine.