Help! Powerbook G3 (firewire) battery problem...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey all,

I think my Powerbook G3 (firewire) battery has gone and died on me, but I'm not too sure how to really tell.

Basically, I left my powerbook on, with the lid close (sleep mode, running on battery) for a week, and when I open it the battery was drain and the powerbook was off. Now the battery won?t charge. The PB recognizes that it has a battery plug-in; the charging icon appears for about 4 seconds then change for the battery connection icon and it doesn?t charge.

I've done the PRAM, power management thing; also reset the nvram and other stuff in the open firmware, still no joy.

Only one battery light is blinking, and only when its plugged into the PB, whereas before it would show the charge even if it was pulled out.

Any ideas????

Thx...

Chris

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    if it won't charge, then yeah it's probably dead. I know I have a couple non replaceable flashlights (kinda similar, but this story just came to mind) that I bought, charged them up and was using one, one night. I left it on all night, in the morning It was dead of course, but I couldn't charge it back up, had to throw it away. It may use the same batter tech as your powerbook. I guess just get a new battery.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    c.m.g.c.m.g. Posts: 2member
    Thanks Altivec_2.0, for your respond?

I just wanted to a certain that it was really dead.. Because right now I don?t have the $150.00 to buy a new one. But then again, I guess I?ll have to.

Thanks,

Chris