Life expectancy of current Powerbooks...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am curious at everyone's thoughts on the life expectancy of the current Powerbooks. I have been debating getting a 15 inch with all the trimmings, but hate the whole idea of it getting updated in two months. So what does everyone think, am I good for 6 months... longer?

Thanks to all.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Uhm, the 15'' would last you a good 3 years at least, especially if it's loaded like mine is. The PowerBooks will probably be updated at Macworld in January.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    sondjatasondjata Posts: 308member
    I have a Ti400Mhz.. it's not that big a deal. Get the best price and use it 'till it dies.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    The machine itself will last for at least 5 years unless you abuse it, but the technology will last about 6 months--if you don't NEED the new technology in the future, you have no problems--but who knows what one needs in the future.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by NittanyLionTosh

Uhm, the 15'' would last you a good 3 years at least, especially if it's loaded like mine is. The PowerBooks will probably be updated at Macworld in January.

I think it'll be updated before then, say October...

Product updates aren't going to be announced at keynotes anymore ? only new products, and significant changes, etc... m.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammick

The machine itself will last for at least 5 years unless you abuse it, but the technology will last about 6 months.

That sounds about right. The computer itself should last a long time if looked after. But computer users' needs change, and hence the reason for updating machines.

Quote:

If you don't NEED the new technology in the future, you have no problems.

Well, one only really needs food, water, and a roof over their head.

Quote:

But who knows what one needs in the future.

Dinner? m.