My clock is weird. I am not. Help me.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Why the blue buggering Hades is 'Show am/pm' greyed out in my Date and Time panel in system preferences? I don't want a 24 hour clock.

Just got a new computer. Being weird. Need help. Help me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Why the blue buggering Hades is 'Show am/pm' greyed out in my Date and Time panel in system preferences? I don't want a 24 hour clock.

Just got a new computer. Being weird. Need help. Help me.

I'm not sitting in front of my iMac right now, but I recall that the 24-hour toggle is located in system preferences/international settings. It is not located in the date/time settings.

There were lots of complaints when they first did this. What version of OS X are you running?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gobble gobble

I'm not sitting in front of my iMac right now, but I recall that the 24-hour toggle is located in system preferences/international settings. It is not located in the date/time settings.

There were lots of complaints when they first did this. What version of OS X are you running?

He solved this "elsewhere" (domain-hopping crosspost).

Yes, you are right.

"Show AM/PM" and "Use 24-hour clock" are not mutually exclusive in the "Date & Time" preference panel but are in the International preference panel.

Little apparent value to "18:40 PM" but I suppose erring on the side of giving users options is best. ...I guess it would help those "learning" to read a 24-hour clock.