Dashboard and Automator SDKs

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anyone know where on the Apple Developer Connection site these are located? I have looked around and cannot find them. I have a paid membership. Are they available to people who were not at WWDC? Seems like they should be available to all developers and not just WWDC attendies. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Are you sure you cannot find them at connect.apple.com under software to download?
  • Reply 2 of 16
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    This happens every year.

Student members won't see it for a while, possibly 4-6 months, and then in the CD mailings.

Select and up will see it in a few weeks as a download.

WWDC attendees pay a buttload of money, they should get some perks out of it... a couple weeks lead time is standard for Apple to get things cleaned up, etc, and posted to the web site.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    chem242chem242 Posts: 4member
    I have a Select membership not Student so I guess I will just wait a few weeks and check back thanks for the info. I am new to the ADC program, my company just bought my membership this week.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chem242

I have a Select membership not Student so I guess I will just wait a few weeks and check back thanks for the info. I am new to the ADC program, my company just bought my membership this week.

cool! Can I "borrow" your seed key?
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Heh. Sorry they had to be split up between the guys here at work.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

cool! Can I "borrow" your seed key?

You can only allocate seed key's to Apple IDs that are registered with the same company name.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

You can only allocate seed key's to Apple IDs that are registered with the same company name.

that's not true
  • Reply 8 of 16
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

that's not true

When our seed keys were allocated they didn't work until we all edited the Company field in our profiles.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Can someone tell me if the Select ADC members get only on "lifetime" hardware purchase or is it on hardware discount purchase per annual license?

I'm trying to see if I'd be better off joining for $500 and then using the discount on my iMac G5 or just getting the edu price iMac and getting a Student Developers membership.

Decision decisions. Is edu pricing lower than developer pricing? I guess that's the unknown variable right there. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Weird, because my advisor was able to hand me one, on my Student account. Were the other accounts you had free ones?
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Can someone tell me if the Select ADC members get only on "lifetime" hardware purchase or is it on hardware discount purchase per annual license?

I'm trying to see if I'd be better off joining for $500 and then using the discount on my iMac G5 or just getting the edu price iMac and getting a Student Developers membership.

Decision decisions. Is edu pricing lower than developer pricing? I guess that's the unknown variable right there. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Developer priceing is way lower, like 1500 for a dual 1.8 g5 and 1999 for a dual 2.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Thanks apple_a_day

Sounds like I might want to look at going the developer route as a potential option.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Just download Tiger; I'm sure the SDKs are in there. I would hope that Tiger is available to ADC Select members already...
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by wmf

Just download Tiger; I'm sure the SDKs are in there. I would hope that Tiger is available to ADC Select members already...

Yeah but that wouldn't get me discounted hardware. My most recent Mac is the ancient 7500 with a 604 card. If I could utilize the ADC discount on the Rev B iMac G5 and say save $250 that would pay for half the ADC Select membership right there. Plus I'd get access to Tiger Server(hopefully) which I hope to learn as well.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by wmf

No they are not. And no it is not.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chem242

No they are not. And no it is not.

I got Tiger in the mail in 3 days ago, so yes it is.